Numerous polls and surveys have found that the average student, both high school and college students are not getting enough sleep, in fact, a lot of them are actually classified as sleep deprived. This is mainly because they end up working on assignments, readings and studying till the late hours of the night. This isn’t just a problem with students, in fact, a lot of adults happen to be going through the same problem as well. In fact, the average adult is only getting between 4-6 hours of sleep every night, which is something we need to be concerned about.
It is absolutely essential to get enough sleep because there are a lot of benefits that are associated with getting enough sleep and a lot of problems if you aren’t getting enough sleep otherwise.
- The period in which your body is sleeping is when your brain is actively working on taking care of a lot of other important processes, one of which happens to dealing with repairing worn out tissues and muscles. So sleep is essential for a healthy body and for quicker recoveries.
- People who do not get enough sleep are at risk of developing heart problems as well as issues related to blood pressure.
- Similarly, lack of sleep also affects your immune system, making it weaker and ultimately, more susceptible to diseases.
- Your brain is processing and storing memory while you are asleep, which is a very important process.
- Lack of sleep also causes you to have trouble focusing, feelings of lethargy and affects your physical appearance as well, making you look more tired and older.
So, if you aren’t getting an average 8 hours of sleep every day, you should change that habit. Set a fixed time to sleep and invest in a better mattress. If you happen to be interested in getting a new mattress, you can check out https://www.evamattress.com.au to see what they have to offer.